Keynote speaker, yoga/meditation teacher and author, Joan Moran takes you on an unforgettable journey to raise your level of awareness in your life and motivate business executives and employees to embrace value-driven leadership with Mindfulness Meditation practices.
What is Mindful Meditation?
Mindful Awareness is the moment-by-moment process of actively and openly observing one’s physical, mental and emotional experiences. Mindful Awareness has scientific support as a means to reduce stress, and improve attention, boost the immune system, reduce emotional reactivity and promote a general sense of health and well-being.
Why use Mindfulness Meditation in business:
Mindful Meditation might seem like a touchy-feely way to train future corporate executives in management skills, but research supports the idea that mindfulness – paying attention to what’s happening in the present moment – is essential to becoming an effective leader.
- It fosters a mind-set that understanding is crucial in motivating people
- It produces a culture of listening and staying present
- Enhances clarity of thought, improves communication and inspires creativity
- It recognizes that everyone is capable of achieving more
- It encourages the development of future leaders
- It increases control, professional performance and action accountability
The Mindfulness Meditation program will:
- Reduce stress in the workplace
- Improve management style and leadership through good decision making
- Inspire new mental skill-sets that quiets the mind and raises awareness
- Encourage focus, clarity and calm
- Develop attention skills
- Become less reactive, more resilient and more creative
- Foster health and wellness in the workplace environment
- Stand back and witness – don’t become the thinker
- Don’t identity with your suffering
- Observation of thought and emotion
- Deeper thoughts beyond circumstances and emotions
- Resilience comes from energy and presence
- Leave your ego at the door
- Change is necessary and inevitable
- Have the courage to ask yourself tough questions and face the opportunity
Each item will be accompanied by practice in a guided meditation. Positions can be adjusted to suit the participant’s physical needs.
- Promote Stability, Calmness, Harmony And Balance Within You & Your Environment by increasing sensory awareness of the emotions that arise within each participant
- Sustain Managed Emotions, Increase Attention Spans And Have Stronger Decision Making Abilities
- Reduce Reflexive/Emotional Reactions That Can Lead To Poor Decisions so you can do something different with a clear mind
- Increase Productivity By Paying Attention To Your Thoughts And Not External Distractions
Studies have shown that those who practice Mindfulness Meditation experience some transformation in the circuits of the brain, which increases functionality, focus, empathy and happiness. At the brain-mapping center at UCLA there are on-going studies tracking the effects of mediation on the brain. Mindfulness Meditation alters the central nervous system and makes it less reactive, less resistant, and more peaceful.